Viewcam Remote Camera System
The “ViewCam” Remote Camera is designed and built by Mobileline Systems Ltd. It is a weather proof, enterprise class, portable satellite / cellular camera system that can be used throughout most parts of the world. It is designed for viewing remote conditions where a high definition image is required. The system incorporates innovated battery saving technologies which makes it useful for longer term deployments. It is ideal for monitoring and documenting forest fires and environmental conditions.
The system is a service that includes a secure website application that provides secure online viewing, documenting and control of the camera and images.
- Camera, High Definition, 5 Megapixel images
- Battery Powered with optional battery packs available
- Foldable Solar Panels & Controller for battery charging
- Self-contained and easily transportable
- Easy setup
- Satellite based connectivity through the Inmarsat satellite network – Coverage from 70 degrees N to 70 degrees S
- Cellular connectivity with worldwide network capability
- Low power consumption technology
- Fully automatic battery charger, 110 – 120V 50-60 Hz / 220 – 240V 50 – 60 Hz
- Rugged design
- Can be transported in aircraft
The Remote Camera system is an easy, non-technical setup and configuration process. The system is powered by batteries so it is not capable of providing full motion video, because of the high power needed for full motion video.
Administrative users of the system can set the camera Image Frequency for each Project they are monitoring by logging into the secure viewcam.ca website. The fastest image frequency is one image each 15 minutes. Administrators can select slower image frequencies ranging from one image each 15, 30 minutes or 1 to 24 hours.
The all-weather camera system connects to Mobileline’s secure viewcam.ca server by either a wireless satellite or cellular modem included with the system. The system has 2 tripods in which the camera is positioned on one and the satellite modem is positioned on the other. The camera housing encloses the cellular modem and system electronics. If the wireless connection is cellular only one tripod is used. A satellite connection requires both tripods to be used.
When a satellite connection is used, the satellite antenna must be pointed to the satellite. This is an easy process which uses sound for pointing the proper satellite antenna location. The satellite connection uses the Inmarsat BGAN Satellite network supplied and invoiced by Mobileline Systems Ltd.
Help and Support
On-site training and instruction is provided. In addition, there are full help instructions at http://www.viewcam.ca/help as well as telephone and Email support.
For more information on Viewcam, please contact the following:
Ralph's Radio Ltd.
Attention: Tim Rurak
1490 Venables Street
Vancouver, B.C. V5L 4X6
Toll Free: 877-629-6833
Website MONITORING & CAMERA CONTROL
- Secure SSL server website with multiple levels of user access
- View and select all camera projects from viewcam.ca
- Select camera image frequency
- Instant image button
- Mapping interface to show where cameras are located on a map
- View most current image
- Scroll through previous images
- Search images by day and time range
- Email, save, print images
- Download multiple images as a zip file
- Live Battery condition shown for each camera
- Email or SMS notification on low battery condition
Camera Image Resolution: 2592x1944 (5 Mega Pixel) to 160x90
System Operating Temperature: 0 °C to 50 °C (32 °F to 122 °F)
Battery Technology: Gel led electrolyte, made in USA
- Maintenance free
- Spill and leak proof
- Can be tipped upside down
Battery Transport Approval:
- International Civil Aviation Organization (I.C.A.O)
- International Maritime Dangerous Goods (I.M.D.G.)
- International Air Transport Association (I.A.T.A.)
- Department of Transportation, USA (D.O.T.)
Battery Charger: Fully automatic, full electronic safety for “Connect & Forget” maintenance
The satellite camera system is transported in 3 cases:
- Camera, Modem, Cables, Battery Charger
- Dimensions: 55.4 X 45.2 X 32.8 cm (21.8 X 17.8 X 12.9 inch)
- Weight: 20.74 kg (45.72 lbs.)
- Wheels, Pull Handle, Carrying Handles
- Battery (1)
- Dimensions: 40.1 X 23.1 X 23.1 cm (15.8 X 9.1 X 9.1 inch)
- Weight: 34.53 kg (76.12 lbs.)
- Carrying Handles
- Tripods (2)
- Dimensions: 133.0 X 28.5 X 33.5 cm (52.36 X 11.22 X 13.19 inch)
- Weight: 16.24 kg (35.80 lbs.)
- Wheels, Pull Handle, Carrying Handles
Total Weight: 71.50 kg (157.64 lbs.)